Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm not nice to toys

After 6 years of reminding my kids to take care of their toys, Lisa has pointed out that I'm not very nice to my toys.

Case in point, 2 months after I got a new Blackberry with color screen, gps and upgraded brickbreaker, I cracked the screen. It was in my pocket. Must have layed on my keys or something. So while my leg was protected from keypain, my Blackberry wasn't so lucky.

Does make the "Crackberry" name more legit. And it matched my blue chipped thumb quite nicely.

But get this, yesterday I foolishly put my phone in my bathing suit pocket. So after a quick dip in the pool I noticed something heavy in my pocket. My first thought was "It's my phone or my wallet. Please don't let it be my wallet." I've gone swimming with my wallet before and it's not pretty.

So it was my Blackberry. And it had a skull and crossbones graphic on the screen. I assumed that meant, "Downloading Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Trailer". But I was wrong. It meant my phone was dead.

I sat it out in the sun today to get all the water out of the screen. That worked. And a red light was pulsing this afternoon. Lifeline still open?

I also ran across an article that says putting your phone in rice for a night will get the water out of the system as well.

So for now, my phone is sitting in a bowl of rice. I'll let you know how it turns out. (Updated 7/16/07: It worked!)

So I guess I need to take better care of my toys. Not to mention better care of my body. I hurt my back again...This time playing whiffle ball. Good grief. Maybe I should lay in a bathtub full of rice, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bradley Dadley said...

you might want to change that "take my little friend out of my bathing suit".....that just sounded all wrong.

12:39 PM  
Blogger LoewenFamily said...

Ouch. Good catch. The phone works by the way.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home