Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Week of Summer

Remember Grouchy Smurf? I hate this, I hate that. Well, I hate August because it's the end of summer. And this summer was great. So wishing it could last a little longer.

So just want to take a few minutes to jot down some of the highlights in no particular order.

1. Worlds of Fun with Duff & Burgess Clan. The Mamba was sooo cool. The girls loved it. It was their first real roller coaster and I must say, I actually thought we were going to fly out of it at one point. It had been 10 years since I've been in a coaster that fast. And the girls just said, "We want to go again!".

2. Watching the Olympics opening ceremony. Most amazing visual spectacle ever.

3. Aubrey saying, "I thought they only had Chinese food in China."

4. Tiling our kitchen with diagonals and little accent pieces. http://tinyurl.com/65kdfb

5. The girls climbing the tree in our front yard (up to first limb of a 15 ft tree) with jump ropes as climbing lines.

6. Mimi's Day of Fun in St. Louis

7. Springfield Road Trip

8. Pool galore. Swimming lessons and Hadley turning into a fish.

9. Golf. Most best consecutive rounds ever. 3 iron approach (210 yards) at Deer Creek.

10. Blueberry patch in the rain.

11. Dollar store trips.

12. i-tunes discovery. Camp Rock.

13. Royals Game: BABW Day (little ground hog)

14. Library

15. Webkinz on "Mommy's Computer"

16. Good night stories before bed.

17. Summer talent show

We really did stick with the "staycation" mode with cash only adventures and gas conservation to avoid paying more than 3.99 a gallon. We car pooled. We brought our lunch almost every day to work. Drank a ton of $1 sweet teas. Watched a bunch of free Redbox movies. And just hung out. I can't wait for next summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger dhduff said...

Love the list. Glad we could be part of at least two of the items on it. World's of Fun was... world's of fun wasn't it. Great to see the girls having such a good time. Definitely a highlight of our summer too.

Let's do it again next year!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home