Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Wonderful World of Disney


It always makes me sad at the end of a vacation knowing that another chapter in our lives has come to a close. Especially when the trip was so fun. Our trip to Disney World was the best vacation I've ever had. I'm at the pool right now scribing with my blackberry, drinking a rita and wearing my work clothes (jeans and short sleeve casual vacation shirt). Just two days ago I was sitting in the same chair having fun at the pool. Some of my fun memories include Syd asking to have a spash mountain in our backyard, playing the claw with the girls at the arcade, Hadley pushing the stoller all over the boardwalk, beaches and cream ice cream, walks on the yacht club beach, long walk to epcot with Lisa by ourselves, eating funnel cake by the fountain, thinking about lady and the tramp sceen when I pushed the last bite to Lisa's side of the plate. The first step into the sand bottom pool. Getting on the bus for the first time. I love that smell. Aubrey saying we can win at the claw if we close our eyes like spongebob. Sharing all our meals. Goofy and Pluto scaring little Hadley and her telling them "no!". Very few meltdowns. Aubrey getting to do Aladdin three times. Getting stuck on splash mountain. Waiting in line for test track, just wishing Lisa was with me. Riding Spaceship Earth by ourselves and that guy walking 14 miles a day on that track. Our first family vacation was definitely world class and memory rich. We can't wait to go back. Way to raise the bar to the top right out of the gate, eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home